Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Visit from Brian Jean, MP... RECAP

Last month I sent a letter to my MP, Brian Jean asking about the possibility of having him come and visit students at my school. I was pleasantly surprised to get a response the next day informing me that he was be very happy to stop on by the school. His visit is scheduled for tomorrow and I, for one, am looking forward to it.

The principal liked my idea so much that he has asked for all high school classes to attend the hour-long assembly. The only real challenge for Mr. Jean is that he has to compete with the recent visit by a fire-dance just last week. Guess we'll see what happens...

I'll see about taking and posting some pictures tomorrow, along with a brief report on how well his visit was received.

UPDATE:

The visit went well. Most of the high school students were able to turn up and there were some really good questions asked. The only dark mark was a not-so-serious question about Marijuana, which I felt Mr. Jean handled more than gracefully. Thank you very much, Mr. Jean.





I'm not a huge fan of how I look in the bottom photo. Truthfully, it's one of the reasons I've been going to the gym lately. Like many in my age group, I miss the days when I didn't have to worry about that kind of thing.

No comments: