Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Look what the boredom turned up...

Those who have known me for a long time might recall the fact that I faithfully used my Big Wheel until somewhere around the age of 5 or 6. For whatever reason I figured that there was no rush to enter the dimension of two-wheeled transportation.

While counting down the days until the return of my wife and children (they've been away this week) I came across this little nugget that spurred the memories of days long since past. I appreciate this clip more having spent a couple of years in San Francisco (absolutely phenomenal city but way too loopy for permanent exposure).

Enjoy!

4 comments:

KURSK said...

Hmmm..we still have my original big wheel from the 70's..a different animal than most show here..mine has a mono colour body with red handlebars, and orange forks, with streamers hanging from the end of the handle bars..

Jason said...

Mine was a metallic gray, complemented by bits of yellow and red. I think that by the time I was done with it, the treads on the iconic big wheel had been worn right down.

KURSK said...

Heh!!..remember how you could 'spin' the front wheel, if you pedaled hard enough?

Katey said...

Your Mom might still have your old one int he attic-when are you going to enter the race? I'd love an excuse to back to San Francisco with you.