Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another brave victim comes forward...

As if the global economic uncertainty weren't enough, a poor university student lost his X-Box on a recent flight. Clearly, it doesn't matter whether the console was taken from his luggage or not. What matters most is doing everything possible to make Mr. Maiman whole again.

It would be a weak and feeble gesture, indeed, to simply replace the console. The most expensive model retails for a mere $400 dollars US. It would only be proper for the airline to award Mr. Maiman the $1,700 dollars for the console with the 'specialized hard-drive' PLUS the $1,000,000 in additional damages, likely caused by the anxiety of the separation from a noble, electronic companion.

Pathetic.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love how the airline spokeswoman stated 'lost baggage claim amounts max out at $3300 per bag. I thought we were talking 'stolen property' not 'lost.' Lost is when I'm going to Canada and my baggage is in Monte Carlo. Maybe the kid should have put a lock on his suitcase, would eliminate most of the suspects. And how does a Uni student afford a specialized hard drive? This just gets crazier by the minute.

Jason said...

Last I checked people weren't allowed to use locks on luggage anymore. I tend to bring valuables I don't want damaged with me in a carry-on.

The Uni student in question also attends Yale. Another reason for the million-dollar claim, perhaps?