Saturday, March 7, 2009

New Blogging Commitment

I've lived up in Slave Lake for the past 5 months. It is a beautiful corner of our magnificent province. But, I'm not gonna lie... things can get a bit lonely here. This is even more true during the slightly longer, colder, and darker winter that I've experienced thus far.

I teach social studies, by far the BEST subject in my opinion. This gives me ample opprtunity to read about the issues that I care about, and more importantly, that more of us should be caring about. I try to teach my students a little bit more about how they can find out about the world around them, and how they need to actually do something about it. Simply put, I need to do something a bit more for myself and that means that I need to take this blogging thing a bit more seriously.

This is not a ploy merely to increase readership, which for all intents and purposes is non-existent. If nothing else, I can outline my opinions a bit more than I normally can in the classroom.

When I started this second blog, I reluctantly avoided joing the BloggingTories blogroll because I hoped to have the potential for a wider audience. However, this has achieved the opposite effect and left this space alone in the corner for too long.

So, here's to regular posting, and a proper reemergence into the blogosphere.

No comments: