Sunday, April 29, 2007

The True sign of Parenthood

My wife and I have been in the market for a mini-van as of late. With our extremely excitable son in tow, along with the fast-approaching arrival of a second son in only a few months, we figured it would probably be wise to try and find something with a little more space.
The transition to mini-van ownership is perhaps a misunderstood venture. Some might laugh when a friend or acquaintance brings up the fact that they need to buy one. What these observers should be sympathetic to is the idea that most people don't necessarily want a mini-van: this is instead a needed purchase to more readily accommodate a family-oriented lifestyle.
Truth be known, though, I do kind of look forward to cruising the pot-hole riddled streets of Edmonton sitting upon my wheeled throne letting the world around me know that I am a dad.

Update: My wife and I, having procured a Nissan Quest, are now looking to get rid of a 95 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. If you live in the Edmonton area and are looking for a decent deal on a car, drop me an email at jasonandkatey@hotmail.com. I'm not really looking to make a huge profit... just a few hundred bucks for a pretty well maintained vehicle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, when we decided that a mini-van was inevitable, I just could not get used to the idea. But now that I am the proud owner of a Ford Windstar, I've realized that the mini-van is a largely misunderstood vehicle. I'd never go back to the car or give in to the SUV craze. My mini-van is perfect for my snowboarding forays, camping trips and not to mention the road trips with the family of 4 plus the dog. Yes I am a convert to the church of the mini-van and I will never sway from the path.

wes