Sunday, April 22, 2007

Student Teaching

It's been far too long since the last post mainly because I have been swamped with my student teaching at Spruce Grove Composite High School. My usual schedule consists of a wake-up call somewhere between 4:30 and 5:00 am to get some work done. I leave for school by 7:30 and come home by about 4:30 in the afternoon. After an evening dutifully preparing lesson plans and other joyous labour, I crash at about 12:30... eager to begin the day anew in but a mere 4 hours.
Kind of whiny, I know. But if I've learned anything from this practicum, its that I have gotten into a profession that will be much more demanding than I have anticipated. Not a bad thing necessarily, but I have gained a perspective into what made my favorite teachers so enjoyable. They literally put their heart and soul into their work.
There's still much more to learn, even in my final week, but I am grateful for the time I ahve had to be a part of the learning community out at the comp.
With school winding down, regular updates should be more forthcoming. Not like you've never heard that before.

No comments: