Tuesday, May 8, 2007

New Feature: Tuesday Traffic!

In what I hope will help me to make my posts more regular, I have decided to try a new weekly feature entitled Tuesday Traffic... yes, I know... a rather cheesy attempt to fit in with the general theme of this blog. In any case, what I'd like to do is share a few juicy tid-bits I've recently come across or have been thinking about. The whole idea is not to write some huge assessment of major issues. Instead it is a way to address a few key points and keep the blog active.

As time moves along, I would like to invite and encourage what few readers I may have to contribute points of their own. But, I get ahead of myself.

. . .

Warner Brothers, makers of such upcoming film delights as Harry Potter and Ocean's Thirteen, have declared that they will no longer permit advance previews of their films in Canadian theaters. The move is designed to put pressure on the Government to criminalize movie piracy. I say it's about frikkin' time!!

I really love movies and I've amassed a fairly decent collection of over 100 DVDs much to my wife's not-so-much delight. I don't want to sound preachy, but it does kind of bug me when I hear, and sometimes even see, blatant attempts to steal. I for one hopes the government takes notice and takes action. As a proud Canadian, I really don't want to see our country placed on lists like this. Nothing against the other nations joining Canada on the list but one might think that Canada seems a tad out of place.

. . .

Mother's Day is coming up. If you're like me and you are well intentioned yet somewhat forgetful, get started fairly soon. There are a few wonderful moms in my life and I know that it really makes a difference when they are given the appreciation to rightfully deserve. Do something special for them... they've earned it.

I did hear a rather amusing ad on the radio this morning, which got me thinking about Mother's Day in general. It talked about gifts to our mothers and how as we age, we aren't really able to get away with what we were used to doing as kids. I heard next a deep male voice saying, "I hope you like the necklace I've made you. I made it out of dried macaroni. Oh, and here's a pretty rock I found in the park." I thought it was pretty clever but it might have been one of those times you just needed to be there.

1 comment:

Janine said...

I know the commercial of which you speak! It's hilarious!