Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Election Thoughts

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't find the recent Alberta campaign all that exciting. While I agree that there are plenty of areas that could use a little more attention I can't help but feel that things are still pretty darn good here. That we are in a position to be worrying about some very specific concerns is rewarding at some level.

Firstly, I have to congratulate my good friend, Rob Anderson, for his victory in the riding of Airdrie-Chestermere. I've known Rob and his family for a few years now and I know that he'll do a fantastic job for his constituents.

Secondly, I was surprised as anyone else at how big Ed Stelmach won. I was expecting a significantly reduced majority, especially given the doom-and-gloom prophecies of the opposition and media. If anything, my trust in the main-stream media has been further damaged and I will continue to look for my information elsewhere.

Lastly, to all the naysayers who can't seem to stop whining about anything... pack up and leave if its that horrible. If you want to spend your time always looking for something else that needs fixing, it shouldn't come as a surprise that you'll never be satisfied. No one expects you to be thrilled with yesterday's outcome but now that the choice has been made it might not be such a bad idea to act a little constructively instead. If you can't do that then good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

No comments: