Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tuesday Traffic

First, I'd like to congratulate the Medicine Hat Tigers on their recent victory for the WHL Championship against the Vancouver Giants. Not a huge deal for a lot of people I'm sure, but it is a connection to my hometown that I like to see doing well. Best of luck in the Memorial Cup!

. . .

Normally I don't care much for celebrities and the foolishness that so often follows so many of them. This story, though... what can you really say? I wouldn't want to spend 45 days in jail which is why I don't do stupid things like drive while drunk. I have a real hard time imagining how this impending sentence has made Ms. Hilton so vulnerable that she is unable to testify in a civil suit against her. Oh the horror!! Suck it up, princess cuz life has a tendency of catching up with us sooner or later and that means taking a little responsibility for what we do.

. . .

Those who know me have often heard my anti-Edmonton rants. Don't get me wrong because this really is a nice area to live. What bugs me so much about this city is just how whiny everyone is. Right now, everyone is yakkin' about the sorry state of our roads and just how many potholes we have to deal with. While it is annoying and I'm bothered just as much as anyone else about how little the city seems to be doing about it, it's appalling how when push comes to shove too many Edmontonians can go no further than make a bunch of noise about their problems. The mob demands more and better services but retaliates with mock outrage at the very suggestion that it could mean paying a little bit more for them. Shocking! This is a problem not just limited to Edmonton, though, and it disgusts me that we have become so self-centered and unwilling to do our part to make things a little bit better for everyone.

No comments: