Saturday, July 11, 2009

Actions speak louder than words

It's been my experience in life and as a teacher that when people go out of their way to explain that their actions aren't something, I usually end up finding out that they are.

It only takes two paragraphs in this article to make the point that the actions in question aren't about money. In my mind, though, if the good doctor was really worried about losing sleep, he would have kept his mouth shut and not volunteered to help in the first place.

This could set a rather interesting, though very unlikely, precedent where I, the humble teacher, can linger around people in order to take advantage of what we call 'teachable moments.' Whenever I sense that I can bestow my knowledge upon those who might benefit from it, I can (humbly, once again) do my duty to society and promptly send them a bill for my troubles.

Thank you, doctor, for sticking to principle and showing us the way.

2 comments:

Hoarfrost said...

A panic attack IS urgent. Sorry to contradict the "good" arrogant doctor.

Frances said...

Obviously, it IS about the money.